Handling of personal information and retained personal data
Purpose for using personal information and retained personal data
Resident First uses received personal information for the following purposes.
-  Real estate agency operations and related insurance contracts, etc.
-  Real estate operation management and related insurance contracts, etc.
-  Research and analyses for customer trends, merchandise development, etc.
-  Information provision of advertisements and sending printed matter related to our handled properties
-  Information provision of products and services by Mitsui Fudosan Group Companies related to customers’ life, living environment, leisure, etc.
* "Mitsui Fudosan Group Companies" refers to the subsidiaries of Mitsui Fudosan which are listed on its homepage, financial reports, and other locations.
-  Material for considering new contracts with tenants and joint guarantors about real estate rental business of owners.
-  Management of communication history through modes such as mail, e-mails, and telephones concerning the above.
Release of information to third parties
Resident First may provide customer's personal information based on the provisions of applicable laws or within the scope that is necessary for achievement of the purpose described in the above 1-,  via advertisement medium such as documents, mail, telephones, e-mails, and the Internet. Note that we will stop providing information to third parties upon the customer's request.
-  Examples of third parties to be provided personal information
- Owners and the owners’ business agents of a rental property customers occupy
- Assignees and potential assignees of a rental property customers occupy
- Service providers (such as construction) of a rental property customers occupy
- Real Estate Information Network System
- Other housing land and building dealers
- Internet advertisement publishers
- Judicial scriveners, land and house investigators, etc. related to registration, etc.
- Financial institutions related to financing, etc.
- Management companies related to real estate management, etc.
- Agencies related to insurance
- Mitsui Fudosan Group Companies
- Sectional owners and management and management associations when the rental property the customer resides is subject to unit ownership stipulated in the “law concerning the sectional ownership of buildings”
- Housing equipment makers, importers, sellers and distributors when recalls are implemented on housing equipment installed in the rental property the customer resides
-  Personal information items to be provided
- Name, address, phone number, room number, and rental conditions like rent fee
Indirect acquisition of personal information
Resident First may acquire personal information of rental property owners, users, prospected owners, prospected users and people concerned from public information such as publicly notified information on construction indications, real estate information database, real estate registration certificates, commercial registration certificates, public sectional maps and fixed assets evaluation certificate, and introduction/intercession information from our related companies, and may use it for our business activities.
Outsourcing of personal information handling
Resident First may outsource handling of customers’ personal information.
In this case, Resident First selects outsourcers that take sufficient measures, and Resident First supervises the outsourcers as necessary and appropriate to protect personal information.
Inquiries for disclosure, correction and suspension of use of personal information
When you request disclosure, correction (change/addition/deletion), suspension of use, deletion, suspension of provision to third parties, etc., download and fill out the form, enclose it with a copy of a personal identification document (driver’s license, insurance card, passport, etc.), and mail (postage is paid by customers) or bring it to Resident First.
Resident First will make a report on your request by delivering written documents, but it may require time to search and check personal information.
For disclosure requests, Resident First takes the prescribed fee. (There are no fees for correction requests.)
See our website for details.
Detailed explanation on personal information disclosure
For general inquiries concerning personal information, please contact below.
Resident First Co., Ltd. General Affairs Department
Address: Aoyama Tower Place, 4F
4-14 Akasaka 8-Chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-0052
Reception time: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. excluding Saturdays, Sundays, New Years and summer holidays
Parts of this website use data files known as “cookies” to provide certain services to visitors. Cookies are mainly used for the purposes described below.
-  To facilitate data entry in member-oriented services.
-  To customize the website to match individual preferences.
-  To provide statistical data in a form that does not allow the identification of individuals.
Cookies are solely used for service provision and user analysis. They do not infringe customers’ privacy. You can set your browser to not accept cookies. However, doing so may prevent you from using certain services offered by this website.
- * Cookies are data files containing information that your browser exchanges with the web server to ensure the efficient operation of the Internet. They are sometimes saved on the device from which you access the web.
This website records data regarding site visitors’ computers as access logs. Access logs are chiefly used by Resident First and our group companies for the following purposes.
-  To ascertain the causes of and solve web server-related problems.
-  To improve the site to offer a more satisfying user experience.
-  To provide statistical data in a form that can be used to analyze user trends without allowing the identification of individuals.
- * What are access logs?
Access logs are data files that contain information such as the domain name and IP address from which a user accessed the site, what files the user accessed, and the user’s operating system and browser, as well as the time a site was accessed and other details.